March 09, 2018

Day 41 - A Course in Miracles

Day 41 - A Course in Miracles


ACIM Workbook Lesson 41 Insights

“God goes with me wherever I go.”

The peace of God is within me, ready to be found in every instant. It is only my unwillingness to sink past all the images and appearances of the world that keeps me from knowing the peace of God in every moment. It is my belief in the reality of the appearances of the world that blocks my awareness of God’s peace in me.


As I was doing the exercise, I observed how I seemed to oscillate up and down as I sought to sink past the thoughts of the world and go inward. It was almost as if the ego was frantically bating fishing lines with ideas to see which ones I might bite on so that I could be reeled back into the world of illusions. I was dumbfounded by some of the off the wall thoughts that I hooked on to and followed for awhile before I realized I had pulled back from going deep within. So I “spit out the hook” and resumed my focus on going down and within.

It clearly demonstrated that more mind training is needed. I still need these exercises and lessons, even though I have been through them many times. I do want to know the peace of God in every moment. I do want to know Him as my companion and my strength. I do want to know the Love that He gives eternally. Doing the exercises has had an effect and I am willing to keep on practicing, because I want more.
The peace of God is my natural state. This gives new meaning to “returning to nature.” It is not about returning to anything in the world. It is about returning Home and accepting my Self as I was created. There is great security in knowing that God goes with me wherever I go.

In my journey inward, I asked Jesus to guide me, to lead the way. He asked me to see what looked like many as one. As one, we jumped into a pool of Love. I experienced a movement, like a rush, that was blowing away the form that I was still trying to bring with me. He asked me to quiet my mind and go even deeper to remember the truth that only Love is real. As I followed his lead, the blowing, the rush, gradually faded away. I then experienced a feeling of peace, a sense of well being that I knew was eternal. The forms were gone.

This Presence is what Jesus means when he says it will cure all sorrow, all loss, all depression. This Presence is what is real. This is what goes with me wherever I go. This is what helps me laugh at fear thoughts. This is what heals my mind when I believe in foolish dreams. This is what cures me when I experience the effects of a sick mind. This is my answer to every problem. I don’t go Home alone. I never am alone. This Presence is everywhere. It is in everyone and every thing. It is the only Presence that is real.

I don’t want to go back. I don’t want to open the body’s eyes. I don’t want to make the world of form real again.… I am reminded again that God goes with me wherever I go. I am reminded that through practice I can remember while looking through the body’s eyes that only the Christ mind is real. This awareness of peace and Love is real. I can learn to see past form to the truth of Love’s Presence, which is everywhere. I need to practice. That is my job, remembering that God goes with me wherever I go. I practice this now. I practice this today.

                             _____________________________________________

Urtext – Manual for Teachers (Who Are God’s Teachers? continued)



They come from all over the world. They come from all religions and from no religion. They are the ones who have answered. The Call is universal. It goes on all the time everywhere. It calls for teachers to speak for it and redeem the world. Many hear it but few will answer. But it is all a matter of time. Everyone will answer in the end, but the end can be a long, long way off. It is because of this that the plan of the teachers was established. Their function is to save time. Each one begins as a single light, but with the Call at its center it is a light that cannot be limited. And each one saves a thousand years of time as the world judges it. To the Call itself time has no meaning.


                                     _____________________________________

Urtext – Workbook for Students



41. “God goes with me wherever I go.” 

Today’s idea will eventually overcome completely the sense of loneliness and abandonment which all the separated ones experience. Depression is an inevitable consequence of separation. So are anxiety, worry, a deep sense of helplessness, misery, suffering and intense fear of loss. The separated ones have invented many “cures” for what they believe to be “the ills of the world.” But the one thing they do not do is to question the reality of the problem. Yet its effects cannot be cured because it is not real.

The idea for today has the power to end all this foolishness forever. And foolishness it is, despite the serious and tragic forms it may take. Deep within you is everything that is perfect, ready to radiate through you and out into the whole world. It will cure all sorrow and pain and fear and loss because it will heal the mind that thought these things were real, and suffered out of its allegiance to these beliefs. 

You can never be deprived of your perfect holiness because its Source goes with you wherever you go. You can never suffer because the Source of all joy goes with you wherever you go.

 You can never be alone because the Source of all life goes with you wherever you go. Nothing can destroy your peace of mind because God goes with you wherever you go. 

We understand that you do not believe all this. How could you, when the truth is hidden deep within, under a heavy cloud of insane thoughts, dense and obscuring, yet representing all you see? Today we will make our first real attempt to get past this dark and heavy cloud, and to go through it to the light beyond. 

There will be only one long practice period today. In the morning, as soon as you get up if possible, sit quietly for some three to five minutes with your eyes closed. At the beginning of a practice period, repeat today’s idea very slowly. Then make no effort to think of anything. Try, instead, to get a sense of turning inward, past all the idle thoughts of the world. Try to enter very deeply into your own mind, keeping it clear of any thoughts that might divert your attention. 

From time to time, you may repeat today’s idea, if you find it helpful. But most of all, try to sink down and inward, away from the world and all the foolish thoughts of the world. You are trying to reach past all these things. You are trying to leave appearances and approach reality.

 It is quite possible to reach God. In fact it is very easy, because it is the most natural thing in the world. You might even say it is the only natural thing in the world. The way will open if you believe that it is possible. This exercise can bring very startling results even the first time it is attempted. And sooner or later it is always successful. We will go into more detail in connection with this kind of practice as we go along. But it will never fail completely, and instant success is possible.

 Throughout the day use today’s idea often, repeating it very slowly, and preferably with eyes closed. Think of what you are saying; what the words mean. Concentrate on the holiness which they imply about you; on the unfailing companionship which is yours; on the complete protection that surrounds you. 

You can indeed afford to laugh at fear thoughts, remembering that God goes with you wherever you go.


365 Days Through A Course in Miracles
            A Daily Devotional


             ___________________________________________________


... sharing is fair!


* simple TABLE of CONTENTS! ...  with published posts until this moment.

START DAY: You can begin any time with the Teachings! Read, meditate and make the daily exercises, one by one, every day ... for 365 days! Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, ... until the completion of the 365 lessons!
LOVE, LIGHT & BLESSINGS    ~ SOPHIA ~